Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Just Finished: Holiday Kisses


My friends and family know that I'm a sucker for Christmas. I absolutely love the holiday and try so hard not to get overwhelmed with the craziness that always accompanies this time of year. One of my favourite parts about Christmas is reading all the silly romantic holiday books. I got Holiday Kisses from NetGalley from Carina Press and I am so incredibly glad that I did. I loved it. It was exactly the kind of Christmas book I wanted!

There were four stories in this collection:
This Time Next Year by Alison Kent
A Rare Gift by Jaci Burton
It's Not Christmas Without You by HelenKay Dimon
Mistletoe and Margaritas by Shannon Stacey


Usually there's one story in a collection that stands out for me and is my favourite. That was not the case with this one as I loved each one equally.


I really liked that there was a cohesive feel to the stories. It didn't seem like they were written by four different authors and I appreciate that they worked so well together. That being said, each story had a totally different romantic story. In This Time Next Year, Dillon and Breena are strangers but end up snowed in at his cabin in the days leading up to Christmas (don't be worried about the fact that they don't know each other and are stuck together - he knows her grandmother and that eased any worries I had). A Rare Gift features Wyatt and Calliope - he had actually been married to her older sister but the marriage was doomed from the start.  Carrie and Austin had been dating on and off for years in It's Not Christmas Without You. And in Mistletoe and Margaritas, Claire is a young widow who has found friendship in her deceased husband's best friend, Justin - turns out there's more than just friendship there. All four stories have the characters starting in a different romantic place and I loved that.


I'm not going to do a huge review for this one because I don't want to give anything away (it's more of a challenge with short stories!) but I hope you have all realized that I really enjoyed this collection of stories. If you're looking for epic literature, you will not find it here. But if you want some steamy and sweet Christmas stories this is exactly the book for you. It has just the right amount of Christmas spirit without being overwhelming. I was left with a warm fuzzy feeling after reading this collection and think other romance and Christmas lovers will feel the same way.


PS This is the second book I've read for the Book Lovers Inc Holiday Challenge. I'm slowly working my way to the Serial Mistletoe-er level!


Happy Reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!