Saturday, August 24, 2013

Favourites: Reading Things

Photo credit La Mariniere
My friend, fellow blogger, and author Lydia Laceby has started a fun Friday Favourites feature on her blog. I'm a little behind the times, since today is Saturday, but I wanted to take part in this week's list! You can check out her favourite reading things on her site here.

Like all book bloggers, I love to read. I'm pretty basic when it comes to what I need to make my reading experience a good one but there are a few things that can make it particularly fantastic.

Comfy spot. My favourite is my couch but I’ve been reading quite a bit outside on my new lounge chair this summer. Note: make sure you remember sunscreen when you read outside! You could get so into your book that you don’t know how much time has passed. No, this absolutely did not happen to me…

Tea. Since it’s the summer I haven’t been able to indulge in tea drinking and book reading too much (too hot!) but I love curling up with a mug of tea and a book.

Goodreads. I love marking what I’m reading and seeing if any of my friends have read it as well. I don’t keep track of my page progress though. Takes too much time away from actually reading!

Library. I’ve always been a library girl but I’ve recently gotten back into visiting frequently. Free books? I’m there.

Blogs. There are a lot of bloggers out there who I trust to give me excellent recommendations. If I'm not sure I’d like a book I’ll see what some of the bloggers thought of it and make my decision then.

Snacks. Since I never read in bed (I have no willpower and would stay up until the wee hours of the morning reading if I could), I don’t have to worry about crumbs in awkward places. I don’t always need to eat while reading but if I do I need something that I can eat one handed and shove in my mouth without having to take my eyes off the page. Popcorn works well!

1 comment:

  1. Friday Favourites sounds like fun! Maybe I'll try and participate this week! Cute post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!