Thursday, October 31, 2013

Favourites with Romi Moondi


I started this "favourites" feature because I wanted a way for readers to get to know the authors attending BookBuzz Toronto, an event I'm helping with. I hope you enjoy learning a little more about these amazing women and I hope you can attend the event! Learn more about BookBuzz Toronto here.

Romi Moondi is one of the funniest authors I've read. Her novels are always hilarious and the story is so good. Her series includes Year of the Chick (free!), Last-Minute Love, and, the latest, Never or Forever. I still haven't read her newest one but I can't wait to see what it's all about.

About Romi...
Romi Moondi is a Canadian author who converted her 2008 blog “Year of the Chick” into novel form, and published it in 2011. Since then she’s added two more books to the “Year of the Chick” series, the most recent of which is “Never or Forever.” The latest book takes place in Paris, which is where Romi lived for six months this past year, after trading in her corporate job for an inspiration-seeking mission.
The books can be described as edgy romantic comedies, where happy endings are not a guarantee, but where real and embarrassing moments are in good supply. 
Romi also writes screenplays in her spare time, and her screenplay “Best Before” made it to the semi-finals or better in eight international screenplay competitions in 2011.
She’d like to see her books adapted into films one day, with the crown jewel of Canada a.k.a. Ryan Gosling as one of the male leads. Naturally.

Favourites...
Movie - It’s so hard to pick one, so here’s a few I love: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, 500 Days of Summer, and Before Sunset
Chick flick - Again, it’s hard to narrow it down so I’ll say: Love Actually, Bridget Jones’s Diary, You’ve Got Mail and Serendipity (Blogger Note: I love all these too. Romi, can we have a movie date?)
Alcoholic beverage - After living in Paris...it’s gotta be champagne!
Warm beverage - hot chocolate, particularly viennois hot chocolate in Paris
Junk food - Doritos
TV show - there’s no way I can narrow this down, so: Seinfeld, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, 30 Rock, and Parks and Recreation
Travel destination - from what I’ve seen so far, Switzerland, and also New York, forever New York!
Ice cream flavour - Rocky Road
Sports team -Toronto Maple Leafs, of course!
Actor - Ryan Gosling, and Leonardo Dicaprio
Book boyfriend - Mark Darcy all the way!

Connect with Romi...
Blog
Twitter
Facebook
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!