Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Is the next book out yet?


Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature.

This week we're all listing the sequels that we just can't wait to get our hands on. As much as I love a series, sometimes waiting for the next book drives me crazy! I like being so involved in a world and a set of characters but that wait between books? Ahhhh! My list is, no surprise, fairly light on the YA and that is where a lot of the series are these days. I went through my Goodreads read list to see which books I've read lately that are going to have a sequel and that's where my list came from! I consulted Goodreads for the release dates and links will lead to my review of a previous book. What sequels are you looking forward to?

Don't forget to check out their blog for a full list of everyone participating this week!


Allegiant by Veronica Roth. Release date: October 22, 2013
I know, I know. I STILL HAVEN'T READ IT. Because of my unemployed state, I couldn't justify buying a copy so I'm waiting for my library to process the copies they ordered. Luckily I'm second on the list because I checked the library site almost every day to see if it was available to request.

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. Release date: May 13, 2014
I got hooked on this series a little while ago. I had thought I timed it well and read the first two books a month or two before book three was to be released. Stephanie then wrote a post on her site and explained that, due to personal reasons, the publication date had to be pushed back. I appreciate her being honest but I want the next book!



Marriage to Measure by Talli Roland. Release date: 2014
I really liked the first two Serenity Holland books and have been waiting impatiently for the third. I can forgive Talli for taking so long because she's had other books to publish and she had a baby, too! Busy lady :)

Right Click by Lisa Becker. Release date: TBD
I only sort of liked Click but I really liked Double Click so I can't wait for the final book in this series!

Elly in Love by Colleen Oakes. Release date: TBD
Colleen's book snuck up on me and I ended up really enjoying Elly in Bloom so I can't wait for the next one!


Takedown Twenty by Janet Evanovich. Release date: November 19, 2013
I've been reading the Stephanie Plum series for over a decade and even though they're pretty cookiecutter, I still enjoy them. I'm wondering if this might be the last one. The first book was published in 1994 and I think twenty books is definitely enough for a series.

The Chase by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg. Release date: February 25, 2014
Since I liked Evanovich's other works, I thought I'd check out the new series she wrote with Lee Goldberg. I thoroughly enjoyed The Heist and look forward to the next book in the O'Hare and Fox series.

Untitled Cormoran Strike by Robert Galbraith aka J.K. Rowling. Release date: 2014
I jumped on the bandwagon after I found out The Cuckoo's Calling was written by J.K. Rowling and I'm so glad I did. It was amazing and I'm so happy they appear to be continuing the series.

Note: I was so surprised that three mystery titles made it on this list!


Secret Revealed by L. Marie Adeline aka Lisa Gabriele. Release date: Spring 2014
Adeline keeps leaving her books on a cliffhanger so I was thrilled when I heard that there will be a third book in the S.E.C.R.E.T. series. I liked the second book more than the first so I hope that trend continues!


The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness. Release date: July 15, 2014
The last book, Shadow of Night, was published in July 2012. I am SO ready for the next book but I'm sad it'll be the last one.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy Allegiant when you get around to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allegiant was good :) Perfect ending to the trilogy. I am on book 14 in the Stephanie Plum series, so I need to catch up :) I also need to reread/finish the second book in the All Souls trilogy in preparation for the third.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also dying for Isla and the Happily Ever After!! And the next Cormoran Strike book!! I'll have to look up that Serenity Holland series...you've peaked my interest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!