Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: My Winter Reading List



Top Ten Tuesday is weekly meme created by the lovely folks at The Broke and the Bookish. They created it because they're "particularly fond of lists" and since I also enjoy lists, I've decided to participate in this fun feature.

Like any blogger, my list of books to read is kind of insane. Every month I write down the titles I want to get to that month and, if I'm lucky, I get through half of them. One problem is that I keep adding to the list! And, of course, right now I want to read as many Christmas books as possible (you'll see a few on this list). The titles on this list are from the aforementioned list and are all books I plan to get to in December/January. They may not be new releases but I want to get them read as soon as I can! What do you plan to read this winter?

Don't forget to check out their blog for a full list of everyone participating this week!


Home for Christmas - Cally Taylor
This is my pick for this month's Taking It Off...the Shelf feature. What better time to read a Christmas book that's been sitting on my shelf since earlier this year?

Just One Day - Gayle Forman
This one's a bit of a cheat because I'll have read it by the time this post goes up (it's due at the library today). I'm curious to see what all the hoopla is about and since Jamie (of The Broke and the Bookish and The Perpetual Pageturner) is always talking about it, I figure it should be a good read. More YA!

Merry & Bright - various
I am SO excited about this chick lit Christmas anthology. Some of favourite authors and ladies have contributed. My review goes up on the 20th as part of a tour so stay tuned!

Sugar Spun Sister - Anna Garner
I adore Anna's books (she also publishes under Libby Mercer) and I cannot wait to read her new series. My review will be up on the 19th!

The Parisian Christmas Bake Off - Jenny Oliver
I got this one off Netgalley and it sounds so adorable! Can't wait to dive in.



How To Fall In Love - Cecelia Ahern
This one just published in October but I still haven't had the chance to read it. I'm hoping I finally have the chance to get to my ARC this month! I know my mom is looking forward to reading it too!

The Gift - Cecelia Ahern
More Cecelia! I got this one out from the library last week because I haven't actually read it!

The Holiday Gig - Erin Brady
Erin just emailed me last week about reading her Christmas themed story and I'm really looking forward to it!

Shy Town Girls: Ivy - Katie Leimkuehler
This one's going to be my next Novel Escapes read. It's actually the second in a series but I've been assured that I don't have to read the first book. It sounds great!

Lock and Key - Sarah Dessen
This is the last Dessen reread book for the I Eat Words challenge. It's been so awesome rereading all of Dessen's novels this year with my best friend.

2 comments:

  1. I just started Just One Day today -- and I decided to check it out for the same reason you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Soooo happy we both got to read and finish Just One Day and Just One Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by Books Etc.!